We hope that you and your family have remained safe and well over the past few months.
From Monday 1 June, our Porshce Centre will be fully open for Sales and Aftersales, in line with government guidance, and we are really looking forward to welcoming everyone back.
Our main focus is to ensure that we safely and responsibly meet the needs of our customers and staff, while doing our part to keep our community safe.
Our Centre will be open Monday to Friday (8.30am to 5.30pm), Saturday (10.00am to 2.00pm by appointment only) and closed on Sunday with online enquiry support. Our Sales teams are on hand to assist with your enquiry either within our Centre or from the comfort of your own home. Making an appointment is advisable to avoid any unnecessary waiting in light of social distancing and new hygiene measures.
For any planned service appointment, we ask that you bring your vehicle to our Centre and wait at the entrance of one of our Direct Dialogue Bays where you will be welcomed by a member of the Service team. Your keys will be sanitised and we will wipe down the frequently touched surfaces with a safe disinfecting solution, adding PPE to the interior. Likewise, when you return to collect your vehicle from us, we will have done the same.
If your vehicle’s MOT has been due since 30 March 2020, please be reminded of the communication from the government regarding the MOT extension which can be read here .
Our main focus will be to ensure that we safely and responsibly meet the needs of our customers and colleagues, while doing our part to keep our community safe.
Here is what we are doing and how you can help:
- The temperature of our staff is being monitored on a daily basis, each morning
- Social distancing measures are in place
- Hand sanitiser stations are positioned throughout the Centre
- Protective screens have been fitted to desks where required
- Disposable gloves, seat, steering wheel and gear selector covers are being used by our Service Advisors, Technicians and valeters
- Pre-appointment calls are made beforehand to limit the number of customers in the Centre at any given time
- Each vehicle that passes through the workshop will be sanitised using a safe disinfecting solution
- Customers are encouraged to make payments by card or other contactless methods
- Online sales enquiries are being conducted using video technology where possible
- Contactless collection/delivery of sold vehicles is available on request
We look forward to welcoming you to our Centre again and want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to promote a safe and secure experience.
Thank you for your continued loyalty and support.
Paul Bowker, Chief Executive
*Data determined in accordance with the Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP) as required by law. You can find more information on WLTP at www.porsche.com/wltp . For Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) range and Equivalent All Electric Range (EAER) figures are determined with the battery fully charged, using a combination of both battery power and fuel.
Values are provided for comparison only. To the extent that fuel and energy consumption or CO₂ values are given as ranges, these do not relate to a single, individual car and do not constitute part of the offer. Optional features and accessories can change relevant vehicle parameters such as weight, rolling resistance and aerodynamics which may result in a change in fuel or energy consumption and CO₂ values. Vehicle loading, topography, weather and traffic conditions, as well as individual driving styles, can all affect the actual fuel consumption, energy consumption, electrical range, and CO₂ emissions of a car.
** Important information about the all-electric Porsche models can be found here